IE Members receive intangible benefits which they may not be aware of – apart from a professional standing in being a Member.
The presence of the AIE has produced a culture in Australia where embalming is an accepted part of the funeral process. You cannot quantify that – it is invaluable!
Other benefits of membership are:
- Personal advancement – access to information on up-to-date procedures and latest developments in the industry
- Funeral Industry Infection Control Guidelines and an Innoculation Handbook
- NICNAS Safety Info Sheet: Formaldehyde in Embalming
- Opportunity to attend seminars and Conference at Member rates
- Access to the AIE website in order that you keep up-to-date with what’s happening within the AIE and the industry
- Access to the AIE Facebook page
- Dedicated and interactive website
- Receive a Practising Certificate provided that you comply with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements
- Networking opportunities – State and National based
- Peer support program
- Professional standing – membership indicates a certain level of professionalism. Individuals in the industry must meet certain requirements before being accepted into the Institute
- AIE email to keep you up to date with current events in the industry
AIE Membership Fees (Incl.GST) – 1 July 2017 – 30 June 2018
|Type||Annual Fee||Joining Fee|
|Associate Members (Mortuary Assistant)||$295.00||N/A|
Full or Fellow Practising Members receive a $25.00 (incl. GST) discount
(Full Member applications only). Please note that AIE grants automatic full practicing membership to a student who completes a Certificate IV in Embalming within the last twelve months of obtaining their qualification so no observation fee is required.
Please note that for the first year the Annual Fee is charged at a pro rata rate calculated on the joining date.
Please click on a link below to download the information
|ypes of Membership|
|Full Member Application Form||Download PDF|
|Student Member Application Form||Download PDF|
|Associate Member (Mortuary Assistant)||Download PDF|
|Case Study Report required for Full Membership (after application is approved)*||Download PDF|
|Student Membership Guidelines||Download PDF|
|So you want to be an Embalmer||Download PDF|
|So you want to be a Funeral Director||Download PDF|
|The Art & Science of Embalming||Download PDF|
Full Member Applicants must:
- Satisfy the board that their qualifications are suitable for full Membership
- Supply five recent (within 12 months) case studies, two of which must be *posted cases
- Successfully complete a practical observation with a board appointed observer
- Satisfy the board that they are competent to embalm for long term preservation by case studies and/or attachments or explanation to the observer at the observation
*A minimum of two of the case studies submitted must demonstrate embalming for long term preservation. Balance of the case studies submitted for membership may be cosmetic embalming or sanitizing embalming.
AIE now grants automatic full practicing membership to a student who completes a Certificate IV in Embalming within the last twelve months of obtaining their qualification.
Students enrolled in a MFE or FIDA course also now receive an AIE FREE Student membership for the first year or pro-rata thereof depending on the joining date and on the 1 July each year they will receive an invoice to join as a paid student member.
Changes to Continual Professional Development (CPD)
As nearly all professional associations now use hours of education as an accreditation method, it was felt that the current system of having one point per education session did not adequately reflect the education time for those attending. The CPD points system has been changed to an hours based system with a carryover of excess hours for the following year which together with CPD hours accumulated which can be used for CPD accreditation for the following year.
|2018 – 2019 Practising Declaration Form|